Friday 18 February 2011

Web Hosting and Domains

I previously had no experience of creating a website and from a simple google search, I found out that I would need a web domain and web hosting, if I wanted to upload my website to the internet. Although the website is not required to be uploaded online, I feel that this will improve the quality of my work by being able to show that I have understanding of how a real website would work.


After looking on the internet for free web hosting and domains, I was recommended by a friend to use:

www.co.cc


 
www.freehostingnoads.net



He had also previously uploaded his website using these services and recommended these sites to me after he had some success. 

I created a web domain called www.nasvision.co.cc using the www.co.cc website.
I also created an account on the www.freehostingnoads.net website and using this, I linked both accounts together.

I was also unsure of how to upload my website to these accounts, however, I learnt that there was a feature built into the Serif WebPlus X4 program which allowed me to upload my files.

I entered my account details from the freehostingnoads.net website and I included all the information required such as FTP address, upload directory, account name and password.


 I then updated my account and uploaded my website to the internet.






My website is now uploaded to the internet
 

No comments:

Post a Comment